ePub Bud Privacy Notice
Updated as of April 3rd, 2010
- Browsing ePub Bud You can read books on ePub Bud without having a ePub Bud Account. You also can contact us directly without having to register for an account.
- Your ePub Bud Account. For some activities on ePub Bud, like creating books, uploading books, posting comments, or favoriting books, you need an ePub Bud Account. We ask for some personal information when you create an account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- Usage Information. When you use ePub Bud, we may record information about your usage of the site, such as the channels, groups and favorites you subscribe to, which other users you communicate with, the books you read, the frequency and size of data transfers, and information you display about yourself as well as information you click on in ePub Bud (including UI elements, settings). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your ePub Bud Account. In order to ensure the quality of our service to you, we may place a tag (also called a "web beacon") in HTML-based customer support emails or other communications with you in order to confirm delivery.
- Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or book content that you voluntarily disclose online (e.g., book comments, your profile page) may be collected and used by others.
- If you submit personal information to ePub Bud, we may use that information to operate, maintain, and improve the features and functionality of ePub Bud, and to process any flagging activity or other communication you send to us.
- We do not use your email address or other personal information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent. We may use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major ePub Bud changes or for customer service purposes).
- If you have been found to be infringing on the copyright of others per the DMCA and our policies stated in our terms, we may reveal all information we have pertaining to the violation, including possibly
your personal information to law enforcement and/or the owner of the infringed copyright and/or their designated representatives.
Information That is Publicly Available
- When you create a ePub Bud Account, some information about your ePub Bud Account and your account activity will be provided to other users of ePub Bud. This may include the date you opened your ePub Bud Account, the date you last logged into your ePub Bud Account, your age (if you choose to make it public), the country and the number of books you have read.
- Your ePub Bud Account name, not your email address, is displayed to other users when you engage in certain activities on ePub Bud, such as when you upload books or send messages through ePub Bud. Other users can contact you by leaving a message or comment on the site.
- Any books that you submit to ePub Bud may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by other ePub Bud users or the general public.
- You may also choose to add personal information which may include your name, gender, profile picture or other details, that will be visible to other users on your ePub Bud Account channel page. If you choose to add certain features to your ePub Bud Account channel page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other users and may be aggregated and shared with your friends or other users. Such shared activity may include your favorite books, books you rated and books that you have uploaded.
- If you have a ePub Bud Account, you may update or correct your personal profile information at any time by visiting your account profile page.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through ePub Bud, in which case you can still read books and explore ePub Bud, but ePub Bud may not be able to provide certain services to you.